‘Test on Return’ Programme
Information about testing and results
From Monday January 25 you may take TWO tests per week (ideally three days apart but no more than seven) but please don't make a special trip to campus to undertake a test.
Twice weekly testing will help to break chains of transmission, identify asymptomatic infections and help further ensure safety on campus to help enable a return to face-to-face teaching as soon as is possible. Guidance has now changed - you should still book a test even if you have had a positive PCR test in the last 90 days or have been vaccinated.
- Testing is free and available to all students studying at the University campus in Bolton and at Queens in Farnworth
- Support is available from the University if you test positive and need to self-isolate
- Testing is in accordance with current government Guidance
If you receive a negative test result, you will be able to come back to campus and join any face-to-face studies or placement. If you test negative but are identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive, you must self-isolate for a period of 10 days.
Please remember to follow the local Covid Tier restrictions in place where you live and in Bolton at all times.
If you are experiencing any Covid symptoms you should access testing through your local test centre – https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or by calling 119.
Please read all the information on this page carefully and then book your test as early as you can.
How do I book at test ?
Please book a test via the online booking form below. By booking a test, you consent to your data being shared as outlined in the COVID-19 Asymptomatic Testing Privacy Notice.
- Select the date and time you would like to attend
- You will be asked to agree to the terms of the Privacy Notice
- Enter your contact details
- When your booking has been made successfully, it will be confirmed by email
- You can book for more than one test in advance
Where is the testing centre ?
The Testing centre is located in Bolton One, you should report to the University Sports Centre Reception at Bolton One (campus map) you will be guided through the registration process by a member of staff.
How Long will the test take ?
The test should take around 10 minutes, but you are advised to allow up to half an hour in order to complete the full process of registration and testing (subject to queues).
If you have any queries in the meantime you can email: EnquiriesTestingCentre@bolton.ac.uk or call 01204 900600