Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook This link opens in a new window Add to Google Calendar This link opens in a new window Share page on Twitter This link opens in a new window
English In-Sessional (Online) Online
The English In-Sessional (Online) covers academic writing for students who speak English as an Additional Language.
Sessions focus on:
- An introduction to academic writing (19th May)
- Paragraphs, linking and signposting (26th May)
- Using texts in academic writing (2nd June)
- Paraphrasing and referencing (9th June)
- Cautious language, reporting verbs and critical writing (16th June)
- Writing about data and trends (23th June)
The classes are interactive and you’ll be working in groups with a tutor to practice the grammar, vocabulary and skills. Sessions are delivered by Zoom.
When you register below you will receive an invite and reminder for each session in the series.
- Dates & Times:
- 9:30am - 11:30am, Thursday, May 19th, 2022
9:30am - 11:30am, Thursday, May 26th, 2022
9:30am - 11:30am, Thursday, June 2nd, 2022
9:30am - 11:30am, Thursday, June 9th, 2022
9:30am - 11:30am, Thursday, June 16th, 2022
9:30am - 11:30am, Thursday, June 23rd, 2022
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- English as an Additional Language students (EAL) International Students PGTs Researchers UGs
- My Academic Development
Registration has closed. (This event has to be booked as part of a series)